8/25/12

An Introduction to the Madness



Since this will be my first TIFF, my first Midnight Madness and my first time aiding the fine guys and gals of this fine MM blog (heck, it'll be the first time I've left the country), I'd like to take a few sweet, precious moments of your time to introduce myself. My name is Justin Souther, and I'm a film critic based out of Asheville, NC, where I help run the Asheville Film Society, and co-curate a weekly horror film series at the local theater.

Beyond that, I write reviews for Asheville's alt-weekly the Mountain Xpress, record the very haphazard film podcast Elitist Bastards Go to the Movies (hence the quite frightening piece of artwork up top--that'd be me in the middle) with my cohorts Ken Hanke and Steve Shanafelt. In my free time, I'm usually watching whatever Netflix true crime program my wife Laura Marie is currently into, and occasionally tweeting embarrassing nonsense from @veryanal.

I'm quite giddy about my first trip to Toronto, hoping to find out what the big deal about Tim Hortons is, and praying mightily that Mayor Rob Ford does something silly while I'm in town. And of course, watching way too many movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment